Les Articles en Stockoui
- SALLE À MANGER
- MAISON & JARDIN
- Shop Everything
- Made in North America
- shop everything
Designer FAQs: Patio Umbrellas
What’s the difference between a market umbrella, patio umbrella, and deck umbrella?
Each of these umbrellas is functionally the same; the names are often used interchangeably. Rather than focusing on the name, look at an outdoor umbrella’s shape and dimensions to make sure it’s right for your space. We offer both rectangular 8' x 11' outdoor umbrellas and circular 9' diameter outdoor umbrellas.
What keeps an outdoor umbrella from blowing away when it’s windy?
Our patio umbrellas each have a single vent, so wind can flow through without lifting the umbrella. Each also requires an umbrella base, which is sold separately, to help keep it grounded.
Do your table umbrellas need a base, too?
For umbrellas with a black finish
- Choose a 70 lb. black base for an 8' x 11' rectangular umbrella
- Select a 35 lb. black base for a 9' circular umbrella
For umbrellas with a white finish
- Choose a 50 lb. white base plus our add-on weight for an 8' x 11' rectangular umbrella
- Select a 50 lb. white base for a 9' circular umbrella
For Nod Hill tables
- Our latest Nod Hill dining tables feature both a tabletop umbrella opening and a lower stabilizer to help your umbrella stay in place. If you have an older Nod Hill table without the stretcher, please ask a designer how to choose a weighted base that’s compatible with your table.
Please note: We do not currently offer cantilevered umbrella stands.
Are your outdoor umbrellas adjustable?
Yes! Both our round and rectangular patio umbrellas have a smooth, easy-to-operate crank lift mechanism so you can adjust their height. Our round umbrellas also have a collar-tilt feature that can angle the umbrella post up to 30° for optimal protection from the elements.
How do I know whether a patio umbrella is high quality?
Your patio umbrella should have a durable fabric canopy as well as a weather-resistant post. Our outdoor umbrellas are crafted using Sunbrella® fabrics and have rust-resistant, easy-to-clean powder-coated aluminum posts.
To keep your umbrella in great shape, remember to fold it and store it when you’re not using it. You can also purchase a custom-fitted umbrella cover.
Do you have more questions? Click the Designer Chat icon, or contact your local Design Center—we’re happy to help!