- New Arrivals
- Living Room Top Picks
- Sofa & Sectional Collections
- Sofas & Loveseats
- Custom Quick Ship Collections
- Leather Furniture
- Accent Chairs & Chaises
- Coffee Tables
- End Tables & Accent Tables
- Console Tables
- Storage & Display
- Media Furniture
- Fabrics & Leathers
- Furniture Finish Samples
- Shop By Room
- HOME OFFICE
- RUGS & FLOORING
- NEW ARRIVALS
- Shop Everything
- shop everything
Arcata Ottoman, Quick ShipC$1,460.00
Arcata Leather Ottoman, Quick Shipfrom C$1,500.00
Monterey Ottoman, Quick ShipC$1,530.00
Spencer Ottoman, Quick ShipC$1,150.00
Spencer Leather Ottoman, Quick Shipfrom C$1,380.00
Marcus Leather Ottoman, Quick Shipfrom C$1,460.00
Marcus Ottoman, Quick ShipC$1,300.00
Spencer Leather OttomanfromC$1,320.00more colors available
Bennett Leather Ottoman, Quick ShipC$1,340.00
Dallon Leather Round Ottomanfrom C$1,280.00
Viviette Hexagon Ottomanfrom C$560.00
Nassau Square Ottomanfrom C$1,040.00more colors availablemore options available
Viviette Leather Hexagon Ottomanfrom C$690.00
Corbin OttomanfromC$1,010.00more colors available
Spencer Wide Ottomanfrom C$1,510.00
Nassau Round Ottomanfrom C$1,040.00more colors availablemore options available
Dallon Round Ottomanfrom C$960.00
Dacian Cube Ottomanfrom C$610.00
Monica Stationary Ottomanfrom C$1,270.00
Bryne Leather Square Ottomanfrom C$1,470.00
Ivan Storage Ottomanfrom C$1,790.00
Anton OttomanfromC$1,570.00more colors available
Timlyn Ottomanfrom C$1,080.00
Designer FAQs: Ottomans—Storage, Cocktail, and More
What can I use an ottoman for?
We love ottomans because they can be made for a variety of purposes.
- Storage: Lots of people choose ottomans to improve the look of their storage solutions and hide items that they don't want to be seen when they aren't being used.
- Additional seating: Too many chairs or not enough space for an extra sofa or loveseat? Ottomans can seat multiple people depending on their size.
- Extra surfaces: Even small ottomans can work as a place to put down items like a TV remote, a book, and more. Larger ottomans can hold larger items, including décor.
- Footstools: Kick your legs up without swapping the chair you have for a chaise—a small ottoman is a great place to rest your feet.
- Decoration: Ottomans in colors, patterns, and fabrics or leathers that accentuate your existing space can make a statement or tie a room together.
What types of ottomans are there?
Ottomans come in a range of shapes and sizes to suit any room and any need.
- Accent : Ottomans in a variety of shapes and sizes with fun patterns, tufting, and more to help make a statement. These ottomans make excellent décor or footstools. You may see one of these ottomans called a pouf—this is just a small ottoman without legs.
- Chair-size : Low-profile and designed to add extra seating, these ottomans add visual interest and functionality to any space.
- Cocktail : Large, statement ottomans that work as a coffee table replacement and add lots of extra seating to a space made for entertaining.
- Rectangular : Squared-off, longer ottomans with a wider seat, these are sometimes called a bench. These ottomans look great behind a sofa or at the foot of a bed.
- Round : Curved ottomans that make great footstools or coffee tables while breaking up the often-boxy shapes of living room furniture.
- Square : Also called a cube, this versatile shape can be small enough to fit in a tight space, or large enough to fill the center of a room.
- Hexagonal : This trendy shape looks elegant and adds visual interest with its unexpected form.
Where can I put an ottoman?
- Living room ottomans have lots of potential! Select a large cocktail ottoman instead of a coffee table, or place an ottoman in front of your sofa, loveseat, or accent chair as a footstool. You can even hide the back of your sofa with a storage ottoman.
- In the bedroom, ottomans are a great choice to hide the foot of your bed or add some seating near a dresser or in a walk-in closet.
- Add some seating and storage in your hallway or entry with an ottoman to store winterwear or to provide a place to sit while changing shoes.
Visualize your favorite Ethan Allen ottoman in your space by downloading our EA inHome® app.
Can I have an ottoman and a coffee table in my living room?
Of course—you may not want a cocktail ottoman and a coffee table, but you can certainly decorate your living room with a traditional coffee table and ottomans for extra seating, footstools, or hidden storage.
Check out our Shop by Rooms pages to see some of our favorite décor ideas.
How do I decorate a cocktail ottoman?
Replacing a coffee table with a cocktail ottoman is a great choice for multipurpose spaces because they can be used for seating or as a table. We love the look of cozy accents—like a comfy blanket—draped over a large ottoman.
If you're worried about the stability of your décor on your ottoman's soft surface, save the glass décor for end tables. Instead, decorate your cocktail ottoman with wood or metal accents with wide bases like low-profile bowls or flat-bottomed trays.
Decorate your ottoman—and the rest of your space—in our 3D room planner.
Can you sit on a storage ottoman?
Well-made storage ottomans can double as seating. Ethan Allen storage ottomans are crafted from engineered hardwood that's joined by hand for excellent sturdiness. Then, your ottoman is hand-tailored in your choice of fabric or leather by one of our craftspeople for a high-quality look that's going to last. Complete the look with decorations like tufts, skirts, or nailheads.
Our ottomans are cushioned with foam certified through the CertiPUR-US® program. This is the same cushioning we use for the rest of our seating, so your ottoman is just as comfortable as our sofas, loveseats, and accent chairs.
What can I put in a storage ottoman?
Storage ottomans are a great place to put anything you need access to but don't want sitting around. We use storage ottomans to stash extra throws, games, books, seasonal clothing, and lots more.
Do you have more questions? Click the Designer Chat icon, or contact your local Design Center—we’re happy to help!