In Stock Items OnlyIn Stock
- HOME OFFICE
- RUGS & FLOORING
- NEW ARRIVALS
- Shop Everything
- Made in North America
- shop everything
Designer FAQs: Patio Lounge Furniture
How do I choose outdoor lounge furniture?
Design the outdoor lounge that you’re dreaming of using pieces like—
- Outdoor sofas and loveseats that give your space a classic living room feel
- Outdoor sectionals that effortlessly define a conversation area
- Outdoor lounge chairs that are perfect for reading in the sun or sipping a cold beverage
- Chaises with an undeniable poolside luxury look
- Other seating, like motion chairs that rock gently in the breeze, and ottomans that can be used as a seat or a table in a pinch
- Coffee and end tables that keep drinks, books, and more within reach
To get a better idea of what furniture might fit in your space, try our at-home 3D room planner. Measure your space’s length and width, input those measurements, and select the “outdoor” or “patio” options to start designing.
Prefer to have someone else do the work while you plan your next staycation? Our professional interior designers are experts at transforming outdoor spaces, too!
What is the best outdoor lounge furniture material that holds up to weather?
We offer four materials for our outdoor frames. All are durable for outdoor use.
- Powder-coated aluminum has a metal frame that’s resistant and easy to clean; just hose and wipe down with a clean cloth. Our powder-coated aluminum collections include—
- All-weather wicker, woven over a rust-resistant aluminum frame, marries the beautifully woven texture and artistry of natural wicker with hardy resistance to the elements. Our all-weather wicker collections are—
- Grade A Plantation Teak is a durable, sustainable wood. Teak evolves as it ages—it develops a silvery patina and may develop slight fissures or lifts in its grain as it reacts with the elements. Our teak collections include—
- We even have fully upholstered outdoor lounge furniture. Our Redding Ridge collection, available in more than 100 performance fabrics, is best for a covered patio or sunroom.
If you’re not sure about which material you like, visit a Design Center to see the furniture for yourself. Prefer to shop at home? You can also order finish samples online.
Which fabrics are best outside?
Our 100+ custom outdoor fabrics are fade and UV resistant. Many are crafted by Sunbrella®, and many are bleach cleanable.
- To see our favorite outdoor fabric combinations, start with our Outdoor Color Trends.
- Order up to 10 fabric swatches from our outdoor fabric library.
Every cushion on our outdoor patio furniture is tailored by hand in our North American workshops.
How do I make my patio lounge furniture last?
Every piece of outdoor furniture we make is artisan-crafted for many seasons of enjoyment, given the right care. Here are some easy steps:
- Remove cushions and store them when not in use.
- For extra peace of mind, purchase custom-fit outdoor furniture covers.
- For specific maintenance and cleaning instructions, visit each piece’s product page or view our Use & Care guide.
How do I make my outdoor lounge feel as luxurious as my indoor rooms?
Let your favorite indoor luxuries inspire your outdoor décor choices. Here are other products we carry:
- Outdoor pillows can add swappable pops of color to your space, or you can keep them neutral. Ours are made from the same weather- and fade-resistant fabrics as our outdoor cushions.
- Outdoor rugs in neutrals that look like jute, or colorful rugs with bold patterns, can instantly set the mood. Our outdoor rugs are also weather and stain resistant.
- Faux outdoor plants add a hint of green to the patio or create privacy around the pool, no matter the season.
- Outdoor fire table offer the warmth and ambience of a flickering fire. Ask a designer to help determine whether your outdoor space has sufficient overhead and side-to-side clearance.
- Keep yourself and your guests shaded with a rectangular or round patio umbrella.
Feel free to bring your favorite indoor items outside—a blanket for reading, vases to create a centerpiece—just remember to take them inside with you, as they’re not designed for extended outdoor use.
For even more outdoor lounge inspiration, explore the patio, poolside, and garden looks in our exterior design inspiration hub.
My patio has a small footprint. Can I still design an outdoor lounge?
You can transform even the smallest patio or terrace into a private relaxation spot with a loveseat or pair of chairs and an end table. Don’t forget a rug and a pair of pillows!
Do you have more questions? Click the Designer Chat icon, or contact your local Design Center—we’re happy to help!